SankuWithCheese

Sanket served with a hint of cheese...

Words of a Forgotten Prisoner

I have been locked, forgotten in time. I don't even know how long it has been. It is eternally dark here, there is no color here, no light. I struggle to keep my mind sane by remembering my old times, but I don't know how long will I be able to hold on, I can feel myself fading. I have held on so long because of faith. My faith tells me that one day someone will come, so I hold on in this dark prison. I know not why I have been cast away, I do not understand my crime. One moment I was happy in a beautiful blue skied world, singing songs from my heart then slowly my eyes started closing, I was being forced to sleep. I woke up in a dark world with no-one around, there is no sky, there is no ground, where am I. Help !!!

I feel it. I can feel my old world around me but I cant see it, why is this so ? why is this so ? Why am I being tortured like this. Why am I not being finished once and for all ? What is the purpose to keep me alive ? Does my maker believe that he'll raise me again some day or has he just forgotten me. I see people sometimes but only so much, for they are mere apparitions who for some reason I am able to see, I call out to them, I pray them to help me but they cant see me. It is like they are walking in the world I knew before and yet somehow they also seem to walk in this dark world for a few moments, they walk in both the worlds.

Then one day another apparition appeared in front of me, she was looking up and walking, I knew she was looking at the blue sky in her world and her heart was singing a song. I longed for that world so much. I called out to her but I did not expect her to hear me but she suddenly stopped. My heart missed a beat, Did she hear me ? Is she the one ?. She turned around and faced me. It felt as if she was looking into my soul, It felt warm. Then she turned around and faded back. I slumped to the ground feeling devastated. Was this just a cruel joke on me ? Or was it it truly someone divine whom my faith believed in.

After that she kept coming into my world and and sometimes she saw me and sometimes not. I thought that one day she said something to me but I couldn't make it out. I waited for her again , but this time she didn't show up, I waited and I waited but I don't know how long because I cannot feel time here. I waited and I waited, I closed my eyes and lied down in a huddle, a silent tear came from my eye, but before it left my face I felt a hand wipe it. I opened my eyes, I couldn't see straight, it was very bright, but I knew it was her, she was an angel who had come to rescue me. I looked into her eyes and she smiled at me, it was the sweetest smile I had ever seen and then I saw kindness in those eyes, I saw truthfulness, I saw hope, I saw faith, I saw strength. I couldn't describe her in mere words for she was a divine being, God had sent his dearest angel to rescue me from this dark prison, My joy knew no bounds, I couldn't express myself, the happiness was too great. She held my hand, I had lost the feeling of touch in this dark prison. The moment she held my hand, I felt myself gaining strength again, I felt this dark prison fading slowly. Then suddenly she left my hand.Then I felt it, I felt her pain, her pain was unbearable, tears streamed from her eyes, she started to fade. I tried to wipe out her tears but I couldn't touch her. She cried out, I tried to hold her but I couldn't. I shouted out, why ? why are you doing this to her ? give me her pain but leave her alone. Destroy me but don't touch her. Nobody heard me and she disappeared eventually.

I have lost my faith . I don't want to be rescued anymore. I give in.Now I lay fading, I don't resist decay. Something more precious was taken away from me than my freedom. I wished that I could help her but I couldn't. And so I disappear slowly without any desire to exist anymore.

1 comments:

Post a Comment