SankuWithCheese

Sanket served with a hint of cheese...

The Fiend and the Singing Rose.

It has become a ritual for me, every morning I get up and go to my garden for one thing and only one thing, to hear the lovely singing rose. I cannot seem to pass the day properly without hearing the rose. I don't know what she sings but it sounds pleasant to my ears. It’s as if the song flows through me.

I never go near the rose, I don't know why. The rose beckons me to come close and her songs but something within me tells me not to go close. Every day hear her song and I feel more and more tempted to talk to her, ask her what she is all about but I keep my distance.

One day I decided that I would go and talk to the rose. As usual the rose beckoned to me and this time I went near. I bent down and uttered a few words but as soon as I did this a petal from the rose fell to the ground and burned, the rose cried in pain, I tried to touch it to sooth it but when I touched it cried out louder in pain and I saw that I left a scar on the rose where I touch it. Why is this happening I thought, then I saw a little dew drop on one of its leaves, it was reflecting something red, something flaming. It is then I realized that it was reflecting me. I fell back in shock. What was I? It is then I started seeing with true sight. My breath was fire, my fingers were like blazing red knives from a furnace, I wasn't human as I thought, I was a Fiend.

I saw around me, beyond the garden was a flaming red world, my world, the world to which I really belonged, the inhuman world, my true identity lied in that world. I looked back into the garden towards the path which I had taken; every step that I had taken had burnt the grass there. What is happening? Why is this Garden here? And what am I doing in it? And then it suddenly came back to me.

I was a fiend like any other in this world, going about my life causing pain to others because it is what we do, we are fiends, remnants of the humans that we were before, twisted by the society into the inhuman demons that we are now. Then one day a little innocent looking seed drifted in the flaming winds and landed nearby me and as I watched the seed grew into a beautiful rose immediately. The barren land around it became a garden, and then the rose sung its first song. I felt energy flowing through me, my hands started looking like those of a human, my thoughts changed, my perception changed. But this was merely an illusion because it was just the beginning, the rose wanted me to believe in humanity, I was still a fiend but now I looked human, the rose brought memories of my past from when I was a human.

But now it is the past, I am a fiend and will always remain a fiend. The burning rose started to sing again to sooth my heart and yet again it beckoned me to come closer even though I had hurt it, a tear came from my eye but it vaporized in my heat, a fiend is not meant to have emotion, her world is different from mine, I left it behind long time back. She was trying to revive my charred soul even though she knew it would burn her. I don't want a soul, it is too difficult to be a human, it is too difficult to see others suffering, I would rather be the fiend that I always have been, inhuman, insensitive, devoid of soul.

I walk back into the fiery plains even thought she called out to me. I don't want to hurt her again and neither will I let any other fiend hurt her, I rather be alone and soulless.

I wonder if that I come back someday, will the garden still be there , will she still be there, will I hear her song again. Only time shall tell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment